June 27 - July 1, 2018
Inaugurated in 2005, Sing A Mile High International Children’s Choral Festival established itself as a premiere choral festival for children's choirs from all over the country. Set in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Sing A Mile High offers a unique, action-packed children’s festival experience. Hosted by Young Voices of Colorado, Sing A Mile High is an amazing opportunity. Choirs perform individually on stage under the direction of their own conductors and in massed choir led by world-renowned guest conductors.
Chrys Harris, Festival Director • Sean Ivory & Paul Caldwell, Festival Conductors
Conductors: Jena Dickey • Tyson Repke • Catherine Sailer, Conducting Masterclass Clinician • Dr. Rollo A. Dilworth, Guest Conductor Mass Choir Performance
This tour opportunity is open to current YSPB choir members in grades 5 through 12.
Cost of tour includes:
- Airfare to Colorado and back, as well as all other ground transportation.
- Accomodations: We will be housed at Colorado Christian University, in Lakewood, Colorado, in modern units, most with three bedrooms and two baths. Each bedroom has two individual beds, and linens are provided.
- Meals: We will be dining daily in the CCU student cafeteria, with a good selection of healthy options, salads, main dishes, and desserts. Vegetarians and those with allergies will be accommodated. (Please give us those details in advance.)
- YSPB T-shirts.
- Two half-days of sight-seeing exploring the area with YSPB.
- Singers and accompanying adults will be able to participate in all social activities arranged by Sing A Mile High throughout the week. These include an ice cream social, talent show/skit night, outdoor barbeque, evening at Pirate's Cove Waterpark (closed to the public, whole park will be for Sing a Mile High only) and farewell party.
- The dress rehearsal and concert will be held in June Swaner Gates Auditorium in The Newman Center for the Performing Arts at Denver University.
Tour Cost: $1475
Initial downpayment is due by October 15, 2017 in the amount of $250.00
The balance must be paid in full by April 1, 2018. Payment plan is available. Payments in the amount of $205 will be due on the first of the month from November 1, 2017 - April 1, 2018.